Feeling water in ear, numbness in cheek. Took fluticasone and steroid for sinus infection. Prognosis?

I just got off antibiotics and a steroid pack for what was thought to be an sinus infection and water on my ear. My ear still feels full and pops all the time. Also my upper cheek on the same side feels numb and kind of warm. My ear and cheek have felt this was for about a month. I also take fluticasone every night. I am tired of getting the run around and hearing you have a sinus infection. What could be causing this?
Also this was the second round of antibiotics I had been on in the last month.
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The symptoms you are having are suggestive of a congestion in the ear canal and the sinuses.
The blockage of the Eustachian tube (the tube connecting nose and the ear) at the nasal end- either due to common cold or sinusitis can cause this. This blockage induces negative pressure inside the middle ear leading to fullness of the ear and the head.
Putting decongestant drops and doing a regular steam inhalation will help in reducing the symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.