Feeling tired, dizzy, nausea and cold after eating. What cure should be done?

Nov 2013

Am a woman aged 69, general good health. Ate and felt very tired, laid down and fell asleep. Woke up extremely dizzy, nauseas and very cold, Vomited. Still very dizzy and cold
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, there are a few diagnostic possibilities.

Firstly, it could be a peripheral vertigo, where dizziness, vomiting, nausea, etc may occur. Dizziness may increase with change of head or neck position.

Secondly, a minor gut infection can cause similar symptoms. In addition to your current symptoms, additional symptoms can be stomach pain and loose motion (diarrhoea).

Get your BP checked up, if low, you may require fluids.

For relief of symptoms, you may take betahistine (for dizziness) and ondansetron (for vomiting).

As of now, there is no need to worry. However, if you do not improve, then you may consult your GP.

I hope it helps, please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)
Follow-up: Feeling tired, dizzy, nausea and cold after eating. What cure should be done? 5 hours later
Thank you for your response. I began to run a low grade fever and subsequently fell asleep for quite some time. The possibilities you indicated none seem to be an obvious cause. I am feeing somewhat better, but of course, my stomach is also empty due to severe vomiting. The only thing I ate was a steak sandwich which lots of onions. This has never caused me any distress previously, so I can't imagine taht this would be the culprit at this time. I will run all of this by my GP. Again, thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for getting back.

I am glad to know that you are better now. I am sure you would improve soon.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in future too.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM