Feeling tired and sleepy after working continuously for 8-12 hours. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, After working for 8-12 hours,whenver I reach home,I feel tired and want to go to sleep early as possible,but family insists to take dinner and only then go to bed. Kindly suggest
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
After working continuously for 8-12 hours, it is natural to feel tired. But to remain healthy, you need a regular healthy diet and some time with your family too.
At night you can take a light dinner or if you are too sleepy, you can have a healthy dinner at your workplace before leaving for home. Ignoring your body's needs is not recommended.
The tiredness you feel is more common due to lack of carbohydrate intake. Whenever you feel tired it is best to have an energy drink which is XXXXXXX in carbohydrates but do not make it a routine to take them excessively as it might cause a gain in weight.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.