Feeling tired. Diagnosed with a sleep disorder. How to get cure?

ENT Specialist
I have suffered with tiredness for some time now. Was diagnosed with a sleep disorder in 2009 and have continued to put my tiredness down to this. I have felt even more exhausted over the past 3-4weeks without any obvious cause. Any thoughts?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get a Seep Study (Polusomnography) done. If there is sleep apnea (more than 30 de-saturations over 8 hours od sleep each lasting 30 seconds or more) then the tiredness and any excessive daytime sleepiness may be due to the sleep disorder. You may also take a trial with a CPAP or BiPAP apparatus to test this possibility. What is your BMI (Body Mass Index)?

2. The most common general cause for tiredness and unexplained fatigue are many and a general check-up is advised. Some of these causes are:
a. Anemia (low Hb)
b. Blood pressure problems
c. Hypothyroidism
d. Blood sugar fluctuations
e. Chronic fatigue Syndrome
f. Deficiencies such as it. D, Vit. B12, Calcium (seen in atypical 22q11.21 distal deletion syndromes)
g. Malabsorbtion and indigestion
i. Cardiac issues
and so on.

3. You may follow up with the results here or directly at

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.