Feeling tightness in legs, worms crawling under skin and painful. Not able to walk properly. Reason?

Neurologist
Question
I have tightness all down my leg,and when it gets so tight,it feels like there is worms crawling all under the skin,and its painful.And it seems to come from my hip all the way down my leg.It comes and goes all the time.And I cant seem to walk because of the pain.What could this be?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 5 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic
Is it unilateral/bilateral? Do you experience any back pain? Do you feel your feet's are numb? Any problems in hands/upper limb?
The symptoms you are describing looks like radicular pain due to pressure on the nerve roots in lower back region. The second differential could be an early neuropathy ie. problem with your nerves of lower limbs
Get yourself evaluated by Neurologist. He/she will get an MR imaging of spine and or nerve conduction studies done if indicated. He/she will advise regarding medications, physiotherapy which will help you in future.
Should you have any more queries feel free to ask.

Best wishes,
Dr. Neeraj Baheti

Follow-up: Feeling tightness in legs, worms crawling under skin and painful. Not able to walk properly. Reason? 14 hours later
Hello Doctor,
Thank you for your answer of my leg tightening up with crawling feelings.

Would like to know if the pain I have across my tailbone and across the bottom of my back,which goes inside my hipbone,Does that also have anything to do with my leg tightening up and having the crawling feeling?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 9 hours later
This seems to be related since lower back is the region where i am suspecting your nerves might be getting pinched. there may be bony problem in lower back due to which the nerves are getting compressed.

Best wishes,
Neeraj