Feeling thirsty in the morning, yellowish urine. Urine test report normal. Is there a problem?

Its been a month now when I wake up in the morning I feel very thirsty and my urine is of yellow color I had my urine tests but everything is normal.
Is there some problem?
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later

Early morning thirst and yellow urine is due to dehydration.This happens when there is disturbance in water balance.This is a common condition seen in young adults and is not serious.

Improving your water intake will help you to get rid of the problem.Also there is increased risk of urine infections in such conditions.Increased intake of water about 4 to 5 litres a day will prevent the urine infections too.

Do take 200 ml of Cranberry juice every alternate day for a week from now.This will alter the Ph of the urine preventing infections.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.