Feeling that something is crawling under skin on face. Had hypertension, taken lisinopril. Suggest?

I have a feeling that something is crawling under my skin specially my face. What it is that
I am 48 years old - black female
Hx hypertension
In controlled with Lisinopril
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Its important to get a few clarifications before continuing.
Is this the first time you have the sensation? if no, for how long have you been experiencing this?

Is the linopril controlling your BP appropriately? what other symptoms do you experience added to these symptoms?

Have you taken any drugs before for the sensation and what was the response if you did?

A good clinical examination is actually required. These funny sensation are called paraesthesias. Common diseases that could be implicated include: Low Calcium levels, Vitamin B complex especially deficiences. Serious manifestations of vascular inflammation are rare causes but must also be borne in mind.

My advice is that you book an appointment with neurologist for a proper clinical and laboratory examination.

Waiting for your response,
Best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD.