Feeling tenderness in head and temple area. Having headache, dizziness and discomfort in stomach. Remedy?

Dec 2012

The left side of my haed, the temple area, is tender. I feel like I have a slight headache behind my forehead. I'm not dizy or sick at my stomach.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Well temple pain could be as a result of tension headache, migraine headache, temporal arteritis etc. Each of the above are potential causes of your symptoms. Your high blood pressure could also be directly responsible, so that should be checked and put into absolute control. In the mean time, given your description, it is best you consult with a neurologist who can get you properly examined, maybe run a CT scan or MRI to determine the cause and provide you with an appropriate treatment.
I will love to hear back from you with any further questions
Hope that this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Feeling tenderness in head and temple area. Having headache, dizziness and discomfort in stomach. Remedy? 1 hour later
Could this be a precursor to a stroke?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 7 hours later
Thanks for additional follow-up.
Stroke is hardly caused by peripheral vessels such as the temporal artery. So no it is not a precursor or risk factor of stroke but the mere fact of you having that affectin could be an indication that your central cerebral vessels can also be affected hence you may stroke. You will need a doctor to evaluate you both by taking your medical history, physically examining you, run some lab tests such as lipid profile, CBC, kidney function, ct scan, cardiovascular exams such as ECG, cardiac ultrasound etc.
Ones these are put together the doctor can then tell if you arw at risk of stroke or not in the immediate.

Hope this able to clarify you further.
Dr. Nsah