Feeling suffocated and heart beating faster. Had open heart surgery. What to do?

I have had open heart surgery in the past.. Diabetic and have smoked my wholemlife until 4 weeks ago today. Tonight when i lat flat my heart seems to beat fast I feel like i am suffocatin and my stomach is in my throat.. Weird i know
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go to ER / get examined; investigated Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic The information is not sufficient to suggest an exact diagnosis straightaway… This could be an atypical presentation of an arrhythmia / angina / or failure. In suspected heart problem, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours. You SHOULD SEE YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... You need to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease. EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance. The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless