Feeling spasm near face, temple, ear and eye. Prescribed prednisone. Suggest

I seem to have a spasm which feels like a twitch on the left side of my face near temple, ear and eye Went to ENT and he checked out my hearing, ears, throat. All seemed ok. Put me on prednisone thinking it was vital, buy not helping.
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be hemifacial spasm of face. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to healthcare magic I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having twitching of muscles of face involving eye lids. This may be probably because of a chronic condition called as hemifacial spasm. This condition is usually caused by irritation of facial nerve or inflammation or compression or vascular lesions of facial nerve. This require evaluation by a neurologist and an ophthalmologist to rule out any of these lesions. How ever most f the times the underlying problems cannot be made out, in this case treatment is by steroids like prednisolone which you are taking now. The next options are botulinum toxins injections, if the twitches are affecting your day to day life. Hence I advice you to consult a neurologist for further evaluation.. Thank you