Feeling sleepy through out the day. Having skin irritation. Suggest cream?

1. I feel sleepy through out the day- I am very active after 6 pm to midnight 1 am....No sleep comes to me during that time.
2. Skin Irritation - Please suggest some cream
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
just a variation in your sleep cycle

Detailed Answer:

It seems like a small variation in your sleep cycle. Feeling sleepy through out the day could be due to endocrine dysfunction like Hypothyroidism or it could be due to lack of energy or stress which could be psychological.

I would suggest you to get your thyroid function test done. Take away any mental stress that is on-going.

One of the best remedies for you would be to indulge in physical activity in the evenings- You may want to go to the gym in the evenings for an hour, play tennis or cricket for an hour. When your body is strained physically in the form of exercise, endorphins are released that can induce a good night's sleep. It will make you hit the bed earlier and give you sound sleep as well.

Also, do check your liver function and blood sugar levels to make sure they are normal.

If you are overweight, try to reduce your weight.

Regarding the skin irritation, you can use Nivea soft cream with jojoba oil and vitamin E.

Use it as and when required liberally.

Hope you recover quickly.