Feeling sick in the stomach and head sweats. Eating result in throwing up. Suggest?

i'm 62 years old and a male for about five days i have been sick in the stomach and have terrible head sweats
can't eat because it makes me throw up
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult an internist/family care physician soonest

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be critical the have a complete clinical review. I would first of all suggest that you have your fasting blood sugar taken to ensure its not due to uncontrolled diabetes. It might be necessary also to review the dosage and how you have been taking your drugs recently. Excessive drug intake could cause low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) or low blood pressure (hypotension).

It would also be of interest to know whether you have any fever, frequent urination, excessive tiredness or not. These could be indirect signs of an infection worth investigating. Controlling for kidney function would also be of interest. Diabetes predisposes to kidney disease, and under these circumstances, altered kidney function is often associated with abdominal or intestinal symptoms especially in advanced stages.

I strongly suggest you consult an internist for a proper clinical review as soon as possible. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.