Feeling sick, excessive sweating and weakness. Pulse and BP are little elevated. Had bariatric surgery. Suggest the cure?

On several occasions, I have experienced feeling a little sick, followed by excessive sweating, weakness, my body going limp, and feeling out of it. After this passes, I continue to feel weak and fall asleep. My family have been around me when this occurs. They tell me my pulse and blood pressure are a little elevated. I am 56 yrs. old and weigh 140 lbs. I am physically active. I have Crohns's disease with only flares ups on occasion. I had bariatric surgery 14 mos. ago (sleeve), and have never had problems associated with it. My doctor sent me for a stress test which was normal.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Nigam 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
kindly get your blood glucose checked at attack.

Detailed Answer:
As I can understand from your history you have undergone a bariatric surgery.
This is done for weight loss.Now here is something to understand as the stomach size is decreased persons appetite goes down,and if you are over enthusiast or not so careful sometimes blood glucose levels might go down a little.

I would like you to record your blood sugar the next time you feel those set of events.

In addition, I also suggest you to try adding up some carbs-sugar-uncomplexed like glucose when you are feeling like this after you have checked blood sugar.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Feeling sick, excessive sweating and weakness. Pulse and BP are little elevated. Had bariatric surgery. Suggest the cure? 5 hours later
How long after eating are these sugar levels affected?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Nigam 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
different for different people.

Detailed Answer:

There is no specific time period here. It depends on individual; different people have different occurrences and some may not experience it at all. Therefore I recommend you to test blood glucose levels at that time.

If sugar are normal, we can consider the other possibilities.

Hope this helps.