Feeling sensitive skin on inner thigh like brush, no redness. Had unprotected sex. Herpes or yeast infection?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had unprotected sex a month ago now the last 2weeks my skin on my inner leg is sensitive. It feels like a brush burn or sunburn but no redness. Even my arm felt a little sensitive Not sure if this has anything to do with the sex. Herpes or yeast infection? Just worried never felt this before and there is no redness anywhere. I did trim the hair on my legs and private area a couple weeks ago not sure if the irritated my skin

If it anything to be worried about? Thanks

What would you recommend tring from here
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 44 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

This is not usual manifestation of STD and the only possible could be herpes but skin lesions would already appear after 1 month. Sometimes urinary infections can start with burning sensation on thigh and around genitals so if you want to rule this out you should do basic urine analysis.
But this is probably caused by irritation during trimming even if there is no skin redness or bumps. This is common and just wait for 1 more week. If there is no herpetic lesion or burning pain while urinating then you don't have to worry. Wish you good health.regards
Follow-up: Feeling sensitive skin on inner thigh like brush, no redness. Had unprotected sex. Herpes or yeast infection? 2 hours later
Thanks... A couple more questions. Is there anything good to put on to help the skin heal?

Also I had frenulumplasty in January and it healed nice but still have one area where the stitches were that is still firm. Anything that would help softer that area or do I just have to wait? And how long can that normally take?

What is he best liberation to use while master bating so the skin stays soft? Vaseline, lotion? Because the outside of my penis glad tends to get sensitive.

Have you ever heard of man1 man oil and is that good to use one the penis to help keep the skin healthy

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
No, it isnt necessary and wont be helpful if there is no visible skin lesion.Just keep this area clean and dry and avoid clothes that provoke sweating.

Complete healing and fibrous tissue formation may last even up to 1 year after surgical procedure. So this may still change and no local therapy is recommended at this point.You can use glycerine based lotions but look for some hypoallergenic and sugar free or water based such as ID glide etc.
Man1 oil is not certified by conventional medicines. As I ve seen its ingredients and mechanism of action I can say that it is absurdity and I dont recommend to use it or spend money on it. There is no scientific proof about benefit of this. Better use some natural remedies such as chamomile cream or ph neutral creams which should be found in every better pharmacy.
Also, dry penis and foreskin can be dermatologic issue(psoriasis,dermatitis or allergy reactions) and in this case some more specific topical agents should be used in consultation with dermatologist.