Feeling pressure on head, both ears clogged, slight headache. Advise

ENT Specialist
head pressurei have been having pressure on the left side of my head almost feels itchy on the inside i also feel like both ears are clogged and a slight headache on the left
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding feeling of pressure on head with blocked both ears and itching from inside of head mainly on left.

Considering your complaints it appears as you are suffering from upper giving you feeling of pressure on head.

To manage this you are advice for -

(a) Antibiotic- Broad spectrum like AUGMENTIN (625 mg) thrice in a day.

(b) Analgesic & anti inflammatory- like PARACETAMOL (500 mg) Twice a day.

(c) anti allergic= Like CETRIZINE (10 mg) once in a day.

(d) Steam inhalations.

I hope this will help you if after above treatment your problem persist than examination will be necessary for further treatment.

Follow-up: Feeling pressure on head, both ears clogged, slight headache. Advise 3 hours later
well the pressure is only in one area on the left side. there isn't any dizziness or anything but a little bit of nausea. when i bend over the pressure increases.
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 32 minutes later

Thanks for reconsultation.

Your nausia on bending with increase in pressure indicates that vestibule of XXXXXXX ear is creating problem. Since your ears are blocked therefore eustachian tube obstruction will be consider as responsible for this.Therefore above treatment will be suitable for you.

Here I would like to tell you that NAUSEA, LIGHT HEADEDNESS, DIZZIESS, VERIGO and VOMITING all represent the same symptom and they are are having same pathological process, but they are named according to severity.

For instant relief from nausea you may take domperidone.