Feeling pain in the penis after ejaculation. What is wrong?

Urologist
Question
I always feel pain in the penis after ejaculation, and some times in the pelvic floor area (or prostate area - not sure), even if the ejaculation happen once. Some times its very annoying pain, and sometimes not. If I do ejaculations 2 or 3 times (rare) then the pain is more ... anything wrong or I should take care of ??
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 14 minutes later
There is a possibility that you might be having inflammation of prostate or accessory reproductive organs which typically can cause the kind of pain which seem to be experiencing. While not an alarming or life threatening illness, it has more of nuisance value, and should therefore be taken care.
You probably should get a urine examination for any evidence of infection, and maybe an ultrasound done trans-rectally to see if there is any swelling of prostate or seminal vesicles. There might be other tests which might be required depending on the results of the initial evaluation.
Quite a few patients get relief with minor anti-inflammatory agents and if there is evidence of infection, use of antibiotics will be obviously be of help. You also might get relief from sitz baths where you immerse your bottom in a tub of tepid water, and sit relaxed for some time. Pelvic floor relaxation can also be achieved by other means like Yoga or TaiChi. On rare occasions, muscle relaxants and drugs to help void urine well which will relax bladder neck also will help relieve the pain.
Hope this answer has helped you.

Follow-up: Feeling pain in the penis after ejaculation. What is wrong? 24 minutes later
So normally we should not get any pain or annoying feeling at the penis or the pelvic floor area ?

I think I have made urine tests during my life as I have been married for 15 years and having now 5 kids :) ... with no feedback of any inflammation or so.

So what if urine test shows no inflammation ?
Btw, Nowadays only (2 weeks ago) I started to feel lots of pain in the pelvic-floor area and mainly in the anus (internally-it feels like I put hot sauce inside) during the day, not only while stooling ... I started to doubt that I got Pile or so ... Could this be a development of above ?

I started to put some cream inside to make life easier

Thanks for help

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 9 minutes later
Yes, ideally you should not be having any pain in the region of pelvis.
As I said earlier, 'there is a possibility of inflammation' - meaning not necessarily infection, but some other cause.
As a matter of fact, most people get a normal urine test result, and when in fact all the reports are normal, then the condition is labelled 'chronic pelvic pain syndrome'. This is not a rare entity, and most urologists see such patients on a daily basis.
This is a condition of exclusion - meaning you should label a patient thus only after exhaustively completing all the relevant investigations and finding no major anomaly. But the patient will still be having trouble, and will therefore be requiring treatment.
Regards.