Feeling pain and swelling in vein of wrist. Looking for suggestion

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dear Doctor , Since last three days i am feeling pain in my vein of left wrist .Its starting from the thumb and goes till shoulder .Its very severe on thumb side of my wrist & there is little swelling as well there . Please suggest .
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 10 minutes later

After reading your symptoms, I assume that you have not injured your wrist and the pain has started on its own.

Therefore, I would suggest that you take a good anti-inflammatory drug along with a neurotonic such as methylcobalamine to treat your problem. You must also apply hot fomentation along with local analgesic spray in the area of the swelling. If the pain does not subside, then you can also take a painkiller to reduce the symptoms.

If the condition does not improve then I must ask you to visit your physician for an examination.

Hope you feel better soon.

If you have any more queries, I’ll be happy to answer.

Follow-up: Feeling pain and swelling in vein of wrist. Looking for suggestion 57 minutes later
Its nothing to do with heart and stuff i guess . ya i guess it started on its own . Can you give name of medicine which i can buy in india .
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 1 hour later

This does not seem to be a heart problem, as there is no history of pain on exertion.

I would recommend you to take any good anti-inflammatory drug such as Enzoflam BD for a couple of days along with any neurotonic. This is a prescription drug; please get it prescribed by your primary care physician.

Hope you feel better soon.