Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling pain and itching sensation in scrotum. What is causing this?

sometime i have pain in my scrotum of left side of testicle. Some time i have itching sensation in the same area (inside the scrotum). Can i know the reason why it happen ? and i am facing this problem for past 2 to 3 years, but now it has increased. Some time if jog or walk for longer hour, the pain start in my left side of scrotum.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks and welcome to XXXXXXX
Possible reasons.
1. Infection of the skin - most probably fungal.
2. Fluid collection in the layers of the scrotum around the testis - hydrocele
3. Early infection of the testis.
4. Swelling in the skin- like sebaceous cyst.

Physical examination is a must and only that can clinch the diagnosis.
An ULtrasound scan may be necessary to look at the testes and the scrotal sac.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts---

Follow-up: Feeling pain and itching sensation in scrotum. What is causing this? 1 hour later
Thanks a lot doctor for your prompt response.

Regarding my problem, i don't have pain in my left testical the pain is around left testical scrotum and i feel little clot type with tenderness, if i press it then it pain or otherwise when i do jogging or long walk it pain. or sometime if i wear tight pant. It is not regulare pain and it in period of some interval 2 or 3 days. some time even after week or fortnight.

I had consult the doctor 2 years back regarding the same problem, he suggested me to wear a loss pant as i use to wear a very tight pant, he said due to erosion in part it might be the case.

And thier is no infection on the skin or fuild collection in the layers of the scrotum , it is inside the scrotum the tenderness of clotted area next to left testical as mentioned above.

Can you suggest me any Specific test has to be done ?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 44 minutes later

Welcome back.
Physical examination and ultrasound scan are needed.
Pls scan and upload the reports and get back to me.
Get well soon.

Follow-up: Feeling pain and itching sensation in scrotum. What is causing this? 4 days later
Dear Sir,

Kindly find the details of report UTS of Scrotum (Typed as per written in the report) as i don't have scanner i am not able to upload the report. (BUT I WILL TRY TO DO SO ONCE IF I AM IN OFFICE).

Both testes are normal in size and show homogenous normal echotexture. There is no focal lesion.

Doppler study shows normal arterial flow in both testes.

Length AP Trans
Right testis : 4.4 2.2 2.5 cm (13.3cc)

Left testis : 4.1 2.0 2.8 cm (12.3cc)

Epididymis and spermatic cord appear normal bialterally.

There is no abormal fluid in tunica vaginalis.

Multiple mildly dilated venous channels are noted in left scrotal wall and spermatic cord largest measuring 2.2mm. Flow reflux is noted these veins during valsalva.

Please suggest what treatment should i have to avail and what is the reason of formation of GRADE II Varicocele.

Waiting for your reply.

With regards,
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX ,
Welcome back.
Varicocele needs treatment if

1. Child birth is planned and getting delayed due to abnormal semen parameters.
2. Testicular pain like you have.

Kindly get examined by a urologist and get well soon.