Feeling of something stuck in the eye, blinking causes eye lid to touch the white dot on iris. What could it be?

About 5 days ago I put in my contact lenses. After some hours went by,my eyes became super irritated. When I woke up the next morning my eyes were extremely sensitive to the light, they were very red and watery and it felt like there was sand or something stuck in my eye. Probably one of the worst pains I've felt in a while. After 2-3 days later the sensitivity to light had decreased dramatically (but not completely) and my eyes aren't as red. Examining my eye in the mirror I noticed a white dot on my iris (directly under my pupil), I thought that I had a corneal abrasion but I heard that at most it would take 24-72 hrs. I will now have had this for 5 days now, the only problem is it still feels like there is something in my eye when I blink or when my eye lid touches the white dot on my iris, its extremely irritating and I don't have any medical coverage, so going to see a doctor isnt really a option. My question is,would you have a general idea of what this might be? If so, how long is the average healing process without any treatment or if there are any at home remedies I can do to speed up the healing process?
Thank you so much for your time.
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
To begin with stop using your contacts for the time being,till you become better.
Thinking of the worst,a possibility of a fungal abrasion is there.
In case you can get a anti biotic eye drop then it will hasten the recovery.
Find out in your area if there is a pharmacy where you can get anti biotic drops then it will be better.Otherwise there may be lubricating eye drops available that may be also helpful.
Find out about the availabilility of these drops.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard
Follow-up: Feeling of something stuck in the eye, blinking causes eye lid to touch the white dot on iris. What could it be? 28 hours later
Hello again,
I have had little to no effect with the eye ointment, I will get relief for a few minutes,but then it still feels like there is sand in my eye, I will be going on day 7 now with this.
I have attached a picture of my eye so you can get a better understanding of what Im talking about. It is the white speck just below the pupil, that is the sources of the irritation.
My Dear,
This is a very accurate photograph and gives us a lot of information.
This is Keratitis.
This has to be taken seriously.
You are very fortunate that even after 7 days it has not progressed too much.
Anti biotic and anti inflammatory drops are to be started immediately and anti fungal tt is to be started if confirmed by scraping.
Do not delay in starting proper tt.
No home remedies are to be tried as we already have wasted too much of time.
Get back to me in case of any further query.