Feeling of racing heart, light body, vibrating legs, muscle twitches, eyes light sensitivity. What can it be due to?

Shock feeling in armpit then my heart starts racing.. Sometime my body feels light. My legs feel like they are vibrating .. I have muscles that twitch painlessly. My eyes are sensitive to light even worse in the morning after a couple of hours is goes down a little.. It feels like my body is in the water and it feels like a wave is hitting it.. I have been feeling this stuff for 9 months
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 51 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
Given your age, it is unlikely that an organic cause is responsible for your symptoms. An organic cause means that there is a disease/disorder in some specific organ system.
In all probability, your symptoms would be attributable to simply anxiety. Anxiety can produce a myriad of symptoms in people with different people having different symptoms.
I am sure all this will resolve over as we help you overcome your aanxiety.
I encourage you to do a few things:
1) Focus on getting atleast 8 hours of sleep each night.
2) Eat a well balanced diet.
3) Exercise daily - extremely important in anxiety management.
4) Consider meditation exercises.
5) Surround yourself with supportive friends and family.
6) XXXXXXX breathing exercises and yoga also help tremendously.
Please do the above for atleast 1-2 weeks. If your symptoms do not resolve, please see a physician so that some anti-anxiety drugs can be prescribed.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I will be available for follow up queries.