Feeling of lump in throat and upper chest, excess gas. What can this be?

hi, i have a strange lump feeling in my throat/ upper chest area and excess gas, what can this be?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 22 minutes later

Feeling of a strange lump in your throat and upper chest area and excess gas are most likely indicative of LPRD or GERD.

LPRD is laryngo-pharyngeal reflux disorders which are increasing in incidence day by day. If you are smoker immediately stop smoking. You may take pantoprazole 40 mg tab before going to bed at night to get relieved of these symptoms.

GERD is gastro esophageal reflux diseases are caused by stress, excessive tea, coffee, chocolate, fatty diet intake. So first cut off stress if any by anxiolytic and meditation. You also should have to take pantoprazole tablets one in the early morning in empty stomach and another at bed time at night. Take plenty of water at least 3-4 litres per day and while sleeping please make your head end elevated.

*Pantoprozole is a proton inhibitor group of drugs and you might need a prescription from your doctor / ENT specialist.

In addition I also suggest you must consult an ENT specialist. A detailed laryngoscope examination needs to be done for proper evaluation of your problem.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you have more queries you can freely write back to me. You are satisfied with my answer please write a review on this answer and close the discussion here.

Wishing you a quick recovery

Dr Arnab Maji