Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling of discharge from penis, no pain or discomfort. Thoughts?

I feel like I am having a slight discharge from my penis but when I examine it I see nothing. I have no pain or discomfort, however the feeling of occasional discharge is troublesome
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
If the discharge is clear,no burning,no itching,no foul odour and the swab test is negative for chlamydia,gonorrhea etc then its mostly the normal discharge.It seen in all men.There might be some inflammation of the urethra causing a non specific urethritis.Most cases reduce on its own and dont require treatment.Some people need antibiotics for a few days.But most important is keeping good hygiene,avoid unprotected sex,was with a antiseptic solution and after sex and urination.

If you develop burning,itching etc then you definitely need antibiotics.
As for now,just keep clean and avoid unprotected sex and see if the the discharge reduces.Small amount if discharge is normal.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.