Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling of dead flesh hanging with flaccid penis, burning on tip of penis at beginning of urination, STD tests, cystoscopy, all normal

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have experience a weird sensation, when my penis is in faccile state feel like a dead flesh hanging,like dead. I have been checked for std, all negative. Since yesterday, the tip of my penis is a little burning,when the first urine pass. Tho months ago I done a cystoscopy and my urologyst said I am ok. Please give me a sugestion.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later

A flaccid penis is a normal state of penis. I think the feeling of dead is just your personal apprehension about the problem. The burning sensation on the tip of penis at the beginning of urination can happen due to local injury or rash on the area. You need to examine the area carefully for any lesion. Since the Urologist confirms the benign nature of it. You should not worry.

Some time even if there is no local lesion then applying a hydrocortisone 1% ointment or any antiseptic ointment like neosporin or bacitracin will help in relieving your symptoms.

You can also have a microscopic examination of your urine done to look for any pus cells or blood that is indicative of any infection or a stone. I am sure your urologist would do a good job in ordering right kind of investigations.

Taking plenty of fluids orally will also help to reduce your discomfort.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.

Follow-up: Feeling of dead flesh hanging with flaccid penis, burning on tip of penis at beginning of urination, STD tests, cystoscopy, all normal 54 minutes later
So it can not be like a yeast infection or something else? My scrotum is kind of red also, a week ago I got some rash, inguinal like a insect bite after you scratch it very itchy, I was thinking from my pants, and the doc said is pustulis, like a jock itch, and gave me clotrimazone and 2 antibiotics to take;augumentin and sulfamethoxazole, I took them for 3 days and my stomach messed up so bad, watery diareea, greenish in color, so I stop taken them. Is that ok?
Follow-up: Feeling of dead flesh hanging with flaccid penis, burning on tip of penis at beginning of urination, STD tests, cystoscopy, all normal 3 hours later
So it can not be like a yeast infection or something else? My scrotum is kind of red also, a week ago I got some rash, inguinal like a insect bite after you scratch it very itchy, I was thinking from my pants, and the doc said is pustulis, like a jock itch, and gave me clotrimazone and 2 antibiotics to take;augumentin and sulfamethoxazole, I took them for 3 days and my stomach messed up so bad, watery diareea, greenish in color, so I stop taken them. Is that oK?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

Since the scrotal skin is also red and itchy, it is likely to be a fungal infection. As you stopped the treatment only after three days so the chances of relapse are high. You can apply Clotrimazole lotion locally and watch for any improvement.

If the symptoms do not improve or deteriorate then, you need to consult a Dermatologist for proper treatment.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wish you good health.

Regards.