Feeling nausea, fatigue, hot and started sweating. Looking for relief

Hi I am feeling really nauseated, I'm sweeting, I feel hot and clammy, I'm very fatigued.
Can you help
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 14 minutes later

Can you provide a little more detailed history to help me assist you better? Like, do you feel this often?
Has something triggered this today?
In general have you any medical illness?
Have you measured your Blood Pressure ever?

As for now, you can slowly have fluids like juices, electrolyte containing water or a simple solution of water, sugar and a pinch of common salt. Carbonated beverage such as ginger ale can help quell nausea and subsequent vomiting. If you have any OTC anti emetic medicine, you can take it as well.

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Feeling nausea, fatigue, hot and started sweating. Looking for relief 5 hours later
I've had a running nose and a chesty cough. This has been happening for the past 4-5 days. I've been waking up feeling nauseated. I no general illnesses.
Blood pressures at 86 bpm.
Though even drinking little sips of water makes me want to vomit.
I have been waking up in cold sweats.
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 1 hour later

Thanks for following up.

I feel you should undergo a systemic examination from you GP about the running nose/cough. You might be having a viral infection and may need medications for the same. Your doctor will also measure you Blood Pressure; I think what you have mentioned is the pulse rate and this is normal.

In certain people, simple weakness /low blood pressure can be a cause of the symptoms you have .This might be accentuated by the viral infection you are currently having. Continue taking fluids and anti-emetic medications till you can see your doctor.

I hope your menstrual cycles are regular and normal. You should watch out for any increase in amount of blood flow during menstruation. Rule out anaemia in case there is any increase in blood flow.

I hope this information is useful to you. If you do not have any further clarifications, you can close this and rate the answer.

Wishing you speedy recovery,