Feeling nausea, dizzy, thirsty and stomach cramps. Have low vitamin D. Any advice?

Nov 2013

Hi. I have been feeling sick for 3 weeks. Nausea, dizziness like I'm out of equilibrium, thirsty, cramping in stomach and feet, cold and hot flashes. Alternating diarrhea and constipation. Constant headache/migraine. I have had blood work done: all normal except very low vitamin D which I supplement now. I was on lexapro which gave me terrible side effects so am now off of that. Was also on geodon but got off of that too. I have been diagnosed with gad and borderline personality. I have got what they called tension migraines for 3 years now. Should I have my brain scanned? I'm scared there's something going on. I cannot function anymore. I'm not pregnant and my ua came back normal. Help please!
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I would like to reassure you that your current symptoms do not point to any serious brain illness, and they are possibly related to anxiety and tension migraines.

Symptoms you should watch out for are- repeated vomiting, headaches on waking up from sleep, double vision, any weakness of limbs, etc. If you notice any of these, you could get a brain scan done.

So, at present, there is no need to worry. However, if a brain scan can reduce your anxiety, you could possibly get it done.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Follow-up: Feeling nausea, dizzy, thirsty and stomach cramps. Have low vitamin D. Any advice? 10 hours later
I have headaches constantly. So when I wake up, the headache is there. Also, I see falling black and gold dots occasionally and sometimes my eyes twitch. I just can't keep living like this. I've tried medicine for migraines and it doesn't help. What could they do to alleviate my symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 hours later

Thank you for getting back with more details.

In addition to migraine medicines, anti-anxiety medications such as clonazepam would be useful.

For chronic migraine, botulinum toxin (botox) injections are also useful.

Please discuss these issues with your doctor.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)