Feeling lump in vein. Any ideas what it could be?

It feels like a vein in my bicep has a lump in it and the vein seems to be sticking out more than the rest. When I extend my arm outward you can see the vein. I had blood drawn from this arm a month ago and bicep felt stiff when fully extended. Was hoping it would get better on its own but not yet. There really isn't any pain when using the arm. Any ideas?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 4 hours later

As you may know the veins are more prominent in males, the lump you describe is not typical of any known pathology. It may be the valves which are normally present in veins for the flow of blood.
In case you are feeling stiffness in the muscle, you can use local measures like ice to relieve the discomfort.

A very remote possibility is thrombosis in the veins. This can produce stiffness. We can decipher it with a Doppler scan. So in case this problem persists a Doppler would be indicated.

I hope I have been able to solve your query. You can get back to me in case of any doubts.

Best Regards