Feeling low, have fibromyalgia, had depression after miscarriage. How to put it over to my doctor?

Excellent

Question
I am looking for some advice, I have had a bout of depression which started late 2010 after I lost my baby due to a medical condition. Some days I become so low I feel why should I carry on I suffer from Fibromaygia as well so it does not help at all, I become emotionally wreck I get bouts where all I want to do it cry, I am also going through a lot at the moment with health which is worrying me to death, I don't know how to put it over to my Gp, also I need to somehow tell my mum I can't go to my brother's as he lives miles away and due to fibro I will become so ill it's really not worth it.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 days later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Long distance traveling is not advised in your situation, you may explain your mom that you feeling unwell, you have long list of medication that you taking and as per Doctor indications should avoid long trips. I would advice you continue your medication , take care of your self monitoring your condition and treatment, see more frequently your Doctor for further instruction, he will provide support, education and will monitor progress. I understand you have sever sadness but you have to be positive and optimist. You have to gradually increase simply daily activities and social interactions, attend cognitive – behavioral therapy group that will improve quality of your life.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail

Follow-up: Feeling low, have fibromyalgia, had depression after miscarriage. How to put it over to my doctor? 3 hours later
Thank you for getting back to me, I meant baby sister sorry I spoke to my mum and said I am unwell and can't do long distant traveling. I have a made a urgent appointment to see my gp tomorrow as well due to my current well being,

Is there anything I can do when I get very low to I can't explain it really but make me feel little better than feeling low.

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 54 minutes later
Welcome back,
I am very glad you start understanding and moving to right direction. I would advice you when you feeling “low” change maladaptive patterns of your behavior; Identify feelings, improve insight, improve self- esteem, increase ego strength, interact more effectively with another peoples, find friend who will support you and will understand.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Best Regards,
Dr.Mihail