Feeling lightheaded and pain in chest. EKG, chest xray and blood work fine. Is this serious?

Ive had two ekgs done, two chest xrays, my blood Fine , but I still feel jittery alot, middle of my chest hurts, but I never lose my breath. I feel lightheaded. And when.I start running I feel weird. I do have asthma and thry told me i have high anxiety. My lungs and heart sound Fine. Could this be something serious?,
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Suddenly feeling jittery, chest tightness, light headedness without any cardiac or lung disorder, with no history of smoking, alcohol or drugs points towards anxiety disorder.
To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Feeling lightheaded and pain in chest. EKG, chest xray and blood work fine. Is this serious? 10 hours later
Could my anxiety affect the way I exercise? Yeaterday after running on the tredmill I.felt like id pass out. Ive played baseball football and basketball allmy life, I have really scarred because I have a son and I want my health to be in Good √°gape.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Anxiety can affect your exercise also. The feeling of dizziness after exercise could be due to dehydration or electrolyte imbalance. Be sure to have plenty of electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids like oralyte during the exercise.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Feeling lightheaded and pain in chest. EKG, chest xray and blood work fine. Is this serious? 2 hours later
One last question. Ive been healthy all my life. 6 months ago after I graduarse chest pain started. Its been everyday since then I have chest pains. Its never in my back or neck, never in the arma or has. Just hurts under breast bone and sometimes in the lower middle part of my chest. Could these sympoms cause me to have a heart atrack or a heart problem?
The chest pain that you have can be due to acid peptic disorder, hiatus hernia, viral lung infection like pleuritis or a cardiac cause- specially if the pain increases on exertion.
A direct examination and few investigations are mandatory to detect the cause.
Do care to visit your physician.
Best regards.