Feeling fuzzy head and having blurred vision. Feeling tired and urine has strange smell. What could this be?

I have been having frequent feelings of being "fuzzy headed". Vision is also blurry when this happens. I feel tired a lot and my urine has a strange smell. What could this possibly be?
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and suggestions.

There are many many possible causes of the symptoms which you would describe. It looks like you have significant fatigue and have also noticed a change in the smell of your urine.

Possible considerations include elevation of your blood sugar or diabetes. When this happens it can cause significant fatigue and sometimes may affect urine.

Another possibility would be that you have a urinalysis and possibly blood testing including complete blood count and blood sugar as well as electrolyte levels would help us to get to the bottom of what is causing your problem.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga