Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling frequent urination, nausea, anxiety and blisters on mouth. Any ideas?

For the last 3 years I have had about 10 unusual episodes where I get the feeling of frequent urination, up to 20 times in one night, nausea, adrenaline surges, shooting pains in thighs and lower back, nausea, perculiar mood, anxiety, nightmares, hot and cold, leaking urine. But no urine infection ever found by lab. I have had so much antibiotics that I have become intolerant to 2 types, when I take them I get severe pain head to toe and mouth starts to blister. I have had checks for std which were negative. Also I have had bad smelling periods and mild urinary incontinence when on my period. Any ideas? I have missed so much work in the last 3 yrs from feeling so ill!
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is unfortunate to know the situation you are in.
I would like to focus on the urinary part of the problem.
If the urine is sterile and the ultrasound scan does not show stone/ tumor in the bladder, you may have a condition called OVERACTIVE BLADDER – OAB (sensitive bladder).
This means that the bladder tends to empty before it reaches its capacity.
This is not serious illness, but requires treatment for three to six months with anti- cholinergics.
SO, the first thing is to do a scan of the abdomen to rule out stone/ tumor in the bladder and then the physician will guide you regarding the medications for OAB.
Meanwhile life style changes that would help
1.     Reduced fluid intake after 6 pm.
2.     Reduced coffee and carbonated drinks after 4 pm.
3.     To empty the bladder just before sleep time.

Kindly take medical advice and get well soon. The doctor will work on these lines to make you better.

Follow-up: Feeling frequent urination, nausea, anxiety and blisters on mouth. Any ideas? 7 hours later
I really do not think it is an Overactive Bladder because 75% of the time I am fine, but when it comes on I feel very ill, like I said, with nausea, confusion, hot and cold, pains in lower back, as well as the bladder pain, urinary frequency and stinging and mild incontinence.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 28 minutes later

Welcome back.

If the frequency is related to other symptoms, there is no need to treat the bladder problem separately.
The bladder problem seems to part of the general process.

Next step would be to review with the psychiatrist to assess, if these are part of the anxiety/ depression process.
Depending on the progress, subsequent decisions can be taken.

Wishing you good health,

Follow-up: Feeling frequent urination, nausea, anxiety and blisters on mouth. Any ideas? 51 minutes later
I am pretty dissatisfied to pay £10 to be told it is psychological when I am currently bed ridden from it!!

Welcome back.

We are professionally qualified, professionally trained and experienced for many years and have been handling problems of our specialty for a while.
Having said that, there cannot be a single answer for so many problems.
Having seen many doctors for your problems, kindly think how any of them have been able to solve your problems or at least tried to solve that.
After listening to your history, we make sincere attempt to solve your problem or at least try to do that.
The answer i have given is the best attempt i have made to understand and give an answer to my satisfaction. Unfortunately, if that does not satisfy you, it is not in my hands.
In the same forum, we give enough free answers and i will consider this as one of them.