Feeling dizzy while sitting or lying down and tingling sensation in hands and feet. What to do?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
HI. I lately have been getting dizzy while sitting or lying down. And i recently had to go for an XXXXXXX ultrasound, which caused severe dizziness through the entire ultrasound and worsened while the rod was being removed. I have also been having tingling sensations in my hands and feet.
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The dizziness can be due to several reasons like anemia ( which is likely since you just delivered a child), low blood pressure, low blood sugar levels, stress or a middle ear problem.
Why was an XXXXXXX ultrasound being done at this stage?
At this stage, I would suggest that you drink plenty of fluids and eat something every few hours. Try and get some sleep. We would also need a complete blood count to check on the anemia.
For the tingling, a calcium and a vitamin supplement would be required.
Please see your physician and get an exam done.

All the best
Good luck
Dr Uma