Feeling dizzy while climbing stairs. Is this a gastric problem or a heart problem?

I am 67 years. We have 3 storied building. Till last three days, I had been climbing at least 10 to 15 times daily..But when I climb, my heart beats fast and I feel dizzy when finished. No sweating or breathing difficulty.My blood pressure is 80/130 and ECG is quite okay. I pass urine well. I under medication for hypertension and it is perfectly under control. I pass good amount of urine. My family physician suspected some stomach problem, since I had slight reflex. She has suggested to take water with mineral salt (WHO recommended) to prevent dehydration. I feel quite okay if I do not climb. Now I am getting good sleep also. I am an active person and for the last six years I used to do excercise. I take nuts, fruits and less fat diet. Vegetarian, does not smoke . I have sleep apenea and use CPAP regularly. Take multivitamin and fish oil capsule. Also Flax seed. Does not over eat. I am taking 2 litres of water daily.
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 50 minutes later
May I know what your question is?

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy while climbing stairs. Is this a gastric problem or a heart problem? 2 hours later
My question is why I have started getting dizziness while climbing steps? What is the reason and how to come out of this? is it a gastric problem or a heart problem? What I should do to come out?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 28 minutes later
Getting dizzy while climbing steps is due to heart problem and not gastric problem.
You need to consult a cardiologist for evaluation. Though ECG is normal, you need to undergo other tests like TMT and echocardiography.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini