Feeling dizzy, tingling in head and started seeing black spots. What is going on?

I have had this a couple times in the past but it recently came back. i stood up from my bed and when i made it to my door way i felt a tingling inside my head and dizzy so i held to the door then i just started to see black spots starting to form from the outside of my vision until it went to the center which cause me to go blind for 10 seconds. after that my vision returned to normal.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This description is ‘near syncope’ (Black Out).

There could be several causes – generally postural hypotension.
Occasionally, other causes – Brain (lower brain or blood supply), Heart (irregular beats), Ear (internal ear – balancing mechanism), anaemia – could contribute. In view of your young age, it is unlikely to be serious, but needs investigations.

The best option will be to see a Neurologist – especially because of history of headache. / An Internist will be the next choice

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck