Feeling dizzy, pressure in head and behind nose. Tested negative for tumour. What is the problem?

I have pressure in my head and dizziness pressure behind my nose at times and weak in my legs Been under a lot of stress doctor checked eyes and reflexes and said no sign of tumor
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 41 minutes later

In view of details I think your symptoms can be stress related. You can discuss with your doctor about getting a MRI of brain done.MRI will help to rule out tumor for sure and also other causes of such symptoms.

Sometime pressure in head and dizziness might be related to inner ear issues.

Since you have pain in region behind nose I think there is possibility of sinusitis with resultant inner ear issue needs consideration as well.

After MRI depending on the cause the doctor can then plan treatment as needed. If there is nothing in MRI, then doctor would suggest treatment for stress.

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you. Regards.
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, pressure in head and behind nose. Tested negative for tumour. What is the problem? 13 hours later
Would I have pain if there was a tumor
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 hours later

Yes, tumors and there associated mass effect on surrounding structures can cause pain. Tumors do present with various other symptoms, which makes doctor suspicious of tumor. But a scan is most definitive way to rule out tumor.