Feeling dizzy, light headed and nauseous. Getting numbness in hand and feet. Could it be labrynthitis?

Jan 2013

i have been feeling dizzy,lightheaded for the last couple of months,sometimes i get nausea also.I feel like im going to pass out and feel like i am having to remember to breathe,i sometimes get numbness in my hands and feet,and usually fell foggy afterwards.My gp put me on stemetil as he thought it was labrynthitis but it hasnt helped
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
1) You should first consult with physician/ neurologist and also go for CT/ MRI brain to rule out any brain pathology and neuropathy.
2) If all these investigations and examination are normal then your symptoms may be neurotic in origin.
3) Most of your symptoms are suggestive of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) as an individual no body remembers to take breathe. GAD is a neurotic disorder in which patient may have multiple somatic symptoms.
4) Are you suffering from any stress? Neurotransmitter imbalance in brain may cause multiple somatic complaints with dizzy feeling.
5) You should consult with psychiatrist and should take SSRIs group medicine on written prescription.
Get well soon.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava