Feeling dizzy and light headed. Diagnosed with dehydration after consuming caffeine. Increased intake of fluids. Concerned?

After feeling dizzy and light headed, I was diagnosed with dehydration that was the result of consuming too much caffeine. After hydrating with water and sports drinks, my symptoms improved. The problem is that I continue to feel dizzy and light headed occasionally, despite the fact that I have increased my intake of fluids. The symptoms are not as severe, but I'm concerned that they haven't gone away.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dehydartion with Low B.P and Electrolyte loss

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare magic,

As you have consumed lots of caffeine containing food/drinks,which acts as a diuretic caused you dehydration. The reason for dizziness is due to low-blood pressure which is caused by excessive water loss from your body.

You better take normal water or water along with ORS salt(oral rehydation salt). Dont take any outside drinks even avoid energy drinks also . If the symptoms doesnt resolve, better consult your physician to check your blood pressure and serum electrolytes.

Hope I have cleared your query.
If you need any further clarifications,let me know.