Feeling dislocation in fingers, toes and neck. What is going on?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a person, over 70, good health, whose finges, toes, neck suddenly become easily disjointed? They immediately go back into place, but this is still something very new to me.
Are you familiar with something like this?
Thank you
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Recurrent spontaneous subluxation of joints which becomes corrected on itself s likely to be due to loosening of ligaments and decreased muscle strength. You can decrease such episodes by taking adequate calcium supplements and dong regular joint exercises to maintain the tone of your muscles.
You can do the appropriate exercises under the guidance of a proficient physiotherapist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.