Feeling cold. Having red, painful, tingly bump on roof of mouth and have sore throat. Concerned

I have a cold right now (lots of coughing, thick mucus, sore throat). In addition, I have these small, clear, tingly bumps on the roof of my mouth, only towards the back of my mouth near my throat. My throat is also a bit red and painful. I've never had these bumps before with a cold, so just wondering if I need to be concerned.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 5 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You have mentioned about a sore throat, cough and "bumps" on the roof of the mouth. For how long have they been persisting? What medications are you taking for the problem?

Sore throat will certainly give rise to a congested and painful throat for which you can take some decongestant medication.

Clear, silvery dots are usually seen on the palate (roof of the mouth). They are very common in children and are called Ebstein's pearls. Though uncommon at older age but are seen in adults. Nothing has to be done for them and they subside/disappear on their own.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or want to share any information regarding this problem

Wishing you an early recovery.