Feeling bloated after eating. Diagnosed with fibroids. Eat vegetables nad rice. Help?

in the morning i have oats porridge for breakfast and pink grapefruit. I work i n a hospitial setting and for my first break i have a bannana with herbal tea. for my lunch i mostly take salad with meat with a cuppa slim soup with fruit and yoghurt.but after when i finshed eating my lunch i feel bloated. I have also been diaginsied with fibriods . I would like to know where im going wrong with my diet. i do eat a lot of vegetables with rice. I would be grateful if you could help me thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 hours later

Sorry for a very late reply.

Bloating does not always sound disease. It can be related to food change or the physiological response to the circumstances that we have around.

I have noted all the details. I find that you have a very nutritious diet and apt for blood pressure. However the carbohydrate is complex and slightly heavy. Vegetable, rice etc are carbo XXXXXXX The digestion of this could be difficult and thus cause bloating. Speak to a dietitian who can figure DASH diet ( for high blood pressure).

The other reason could be increased adrenaline secretion that moves the food slow in the intestine. This could be because of slightly raised stress levels at work or at home.

Fibroids has possibly no relation here unless realing big pressing on the stomach. I am not sure if you have medications for blood pressure as well. Some medications cause bloating.

Hope this work helps you.