Feeling achy around eye. MRI showed clear. Feeling sharp twinge while moving head. Could it be migraine?

I'm having trouble with a achy feeling around my left eye. That gets better with rest. Worse if I wear my contacts. I went to my eye doctor and we tried perscription eye drops for dry eye but that doesn't seem to be the problem. This has been an ongoing issue. I've had an MRI and they didn't find anything. My GP said it might be migrains, but it would that make my eye achy a full day after I wear my contacts? Sometimes if I turn my head to the left too quickly I get a sharp twinge like feeling. Can you help me?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
your problem seems to be a general liffe style management problem.Such vague aches and pains signify either over strain,lack of rest and dietery defects.
since you already have a MRI and a contact with G P these two rule out any significant defect.
Increase of strain with use of contacts leads to a re checkup of power,if this is OK then it is the lifestyle management with some exercise that willdo the trick.
You canhave some vitamin supplements also , as they are also usefull in situations like this.
please do get back to me in case of any difficulty
Follow-up: Feeling achy around eye. MRI showed clear. Feeling sharp twinge while moving head. Could it be migraine? 7 hours later
Ok, that makes sense I have a two hour commute door to door so I don't get that much rest. I do excerise a lot. Taebo and I work with a trainer at my gym and try to do cardio. I try to eat healthy but I tend to always eat the same things. I limit diary and eat chicken and XXXXXXX Nothing fried - red meat I'll have once every couple of months. Then it's whole grain cereals, veggies, and fruit for me. I'll eat Salmon from time to time. Are there better diets I should follow?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
Your regimn looks good and your trainer will be a better person to have a final say,but i have a 40 schedule (a form of joint strech)and breathing exercises.
Every person has a unique body structure and body chemestry,therby individual problems.
Ask your trainer about yoga and breathing exercises,they give a tremendous amount ofrelaxation.
For 2wks add some multivitamines also.
Your regimn is wonderful but there is always some room for improvement.
You are welcome with any further query.