Feel very dizzy, panicky, high BP. What could be the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
II feeel very dizzy n panicky n my bp is 152 / 98 n usuallly
its lo
w i am 53 yr woman
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Your blood pressure is on a higher side considering that it remains on a lower side otherwise.
Your dizziness could also be due to your high blood pressure. Being panicky and anxious is the main cause of such high readings.

Try to avoid staying up nights, use good lighting at work, try to reduce stress by taking frequent breaks at work, get 6-8 hours of sleep daily, do Yoga, Pranayam for stress relief as well. Kindly refrain from smoking, using tobacco of any kind, avoid high calorie meals, avoid junk food, stick to a low salt diet, eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. Exercise daily by brisk walking daily for 40 minutes.

If the blood pressure is not controlled by the diet and exercise modification for a few weeks, you may need anti-hypertensive drugs, if not recommended by your Doctor immediately. Half the battle involves diet and exercise modification which will be of great benefit in your case.
You may need to get a few investigations by your Doctor to substantiate the cause and management of your condition like an Electrocardiogram (ECG), Kidney function tests, an Eye examination as well. Other investigations which may be ordered depend on the positive findings found on clinical examination at the discretion of your physician.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.