Feel nauseated and not eating from anxiety. Suggestion?

Should I go to the er? I feel really nausiated and havnt been eating from anxiety? How long can I do without food? Can I wait till 10 ct to call?
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may require hospitalization at this stage

Detailed Answer:

It is better to hospitalize such people and give them IV fluids with dextrose supplemented with multivitamin and mineral drip. So I suggest you to go to the ER and also ask them to call your treating doctor as well for best management. A Psychiatrist referral is important here.

I did not understand what is meant by 10 ct to call? Do you mean central time (CST)? In such a case can you XXXXXXX a doctor in person at his clinic? If yes then you can wait till 10AM (CST). If you cannot XXXXXXX him by 10 AM (CST) then it is better to go to ER.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Feel nauseated and not eating from anxiety. Suggestion? 3 minutes later
How long will they keep me and how much will it cost?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Observation for couple of hours if vitals are good

Detailed Answer:

If the vitals and glucose levels are good they would observe for couple of hours with one or two points of IV fluids. They can send you home. I am not sure about the cost involved here.

If the vitals are poor or deteriorating they may hospitalize you for few days they are confident that you decide to eat food on your own at home. Important is whether you stay with a partner or parent at home. That is a deciding factor as well.

Follow-up: Feel nauseated and not eating from anxiety. Suggestion? 33 minutes later
Ok im at the er now.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is done yet

Detailed Answer:
What is the ER physician opinion? I insist on calling your regular physician about further course of treatment.