Feeding with rice, curry and mother milk to a 13 months old child. Suggest diet plan?

Hello Doctor, My son is 13 months old. We are feeding him with rice with curry and mother milk. He is healthy but lost around 0.5 to 1 kg. Can you suggest what kind food we should feed him?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 15 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

You mentioned that your child has lost 0.5 to 1 kg of weight but you have not mentioned in how much period he lost the weight and what is the present weight of the child. If I presume the weight to be around 10 kg then I shall be satisfied.

As regards feeding, I will suggest that you add more solid food to your son's diet and let him partake from the family pot - meaning he should now be eating everything and not just rice with curry. He should continue with the milk.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Feel free if any clarification is required.

Wishing your son a healthy life