Feces smell started coming from mouth and nose. How to control this?

hi just had a question, i have this feces smell coming from my mouth and nose 24/7 and its alot worse when my bowels are full. its like a direct smell of feces coming out of my nose when i breath
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 1 hour later

Possibly you have halitosis which is bad breath, some of them per sieve as fecal smell at times. Make sure you have a good dental and gum hygiene and there is no gingivitis or caries tooth. If it is there there treatment may make you feel better.

Rarely esophageal and stomach disorders may cause foul smell but that is usually associated with disorders in which food stagnates in esophagus. This is usually accompanied by other symptoms like regurgitation, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing so unlikely you have it.

Another rare but very important cause is psychiatric disorder in which you can have similar symptoms in which you need to consult a psychiatrist.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Feces smell started coming from mouth and nose. How to control this? 37 minutes later
thank you for ur reply but, its not halitosis and i just got back from the dentist last month and i have no problem with my teeth or gums. and also i went to a gastroenterologist few months back and got a upper and lower endoscopy and they said they found no problems, so my question is is they're any other possible way that a feces smell can come directly from my bowels and into my nose and mouth because at most times it smells the worst when my bowels are full so it must be something related
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 23 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

There is no way that you can get feces small into your nose or mouth directly. You can possibly use some Psyllium husk a stool bulk forming agent to clear your bowels easily and see if it helps.

Hope it answers your query.