Fasting sugar is 136. Should I take the sugar test after meal?
User rating for this question
I had gone to test for sugar (Fasting) and result was 136 what to do to control. No medicine as of now what to do ? Whether I should go for testing sugar after meal.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Suggestive of diabetes... Detailed Answer: Hi. As per the current guidelines, your sugar value is suggestive that you suffer from diabetes. The current cut of limit for fasting blood sugar is 126 mg/dl. You will need to repeat the fasting blood sugar along with post prandial blood sugar and glycosylated hemoglobin value. I would also get an ECG, serum creatinine and eye check up done in this circumstance. You need to be started on a suitable hypoglycemic agent which can be decided after repeat testing. I recommend you to visit diabetologist nearby with blood results and plan diabetes treatment at the earliest. In the mean time, avoid high calorie diet. Add fibre rich diet. Start exercises. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
People also viewed
- Post parendial sugar test meal blood test
- Elevated bun in fasting blood sugar test
- Fasting blood sugar tests indications
- Breathlessness edema in limbs done echocardiogram family history of chf
- Itchy eyes took allclear history of hypertension
- Done total cholesterol level hdl ldl normal
- Status cosmeticus cosmetic intolerance syndrome
- Disagree about cosmetic surgery
- Headache tired cramps bloated discharge had sex pregnant
- Status cosmetics cosmetic intolerance syndrome
- My fasting blood sugar test was 133
- Can corzall plus liquid
- Cosmetic surgery for polio victims
- Sugar tested at 136 before dinner
- Frequent urination tingling sensation reason