Fasting sugar 216 mg/dl and after lunch 318. Does it indicate diabetes?
User rating for this question
Has fasting sugar 216 mg/dl and after lunch two hr 318 Does its a indication of Diabeties.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. It is Diabetes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Fasting blood sugar more than 126 mg/dl and Postprandial blood sugar more than 200 mg/dl is diagnostic of diabetes. So your blood sugars are above these level and you're diabetic. In this situation I advise is that you consult a doctor to start on oral hypoglycemic drugs to control your blood sugar. Secondly it should be followed by lifestyle modification like diet(Low carbohydrate and low fatty), exercise like 45 mins of brisk walking and maintain healthy body weight. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
People also viewed
- Nateglinide tab 120 mg
- Drink kerosene first aid
- 1000 mg metformin er
- Sliding scale insulin regimen
- Downs syndrome low white blood cell count
- Non diabetic fasting sugar 94
- Adverse effect of metformin
- Dosage of antibiotics norflox in child
- My fasting blood sugar is 124mg dl dl a diabetic
- Drinking ice cold water during pregnancy
- My fasting blood sugar is 122 mg dl dl a diabetic
- Is 138 fasting blood sugar diabetes
- Levemir onset of action
- Tired after lunch diabetes
- Drinking beer and bronchitis