Fasting sugar 216 mg/dl and after lunch 318. Does it indicate diabetes?
User rating for this question
Has fasting sugar 216 mg/dl and after lunch two hr 318 Does its a indication of Diabeties.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. It is Diabetes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Fasting blood sugar more than 126 mg/dl and Postprandial blood sugar more than 200 mg/dl is diagnostic of diabetes. So your blood sugars are above these level and you're diabetic. In this situation I advise is that you consult a doctor to start on oral hypoglycemic drugs to control your blood sugar. Secondly it should be followed by lifestyle modification like diet(Low carbohydrate and low fatty), exercise like 45 mins of brisk walking and maintain healthy body weight. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
People also viewed
- Could a 17 year old have a heart attach
- Is it ok to miss one blood pressure tablet
- My blood sugar level is 142 is it diabe
- My blood sugar level is 113
- Can high cholestero people eat pizza
- Why heart is beating and pounding very fast
- Mosquitoes attracted to high blood sugar
- Male normal glucose level 40 year old
- Non diabetic fasting sugar 94
- Onglyza cutting in half
- My fasting blood sugar is 124mg dl dl a diabetic
- My fasting blood sugar is 122 mg dl dl a diabetic
- What would cause me to vomit blood clots
- Is 138 fasting blood sugar diabetes
- Tired after lunch diabetes