Family history of angina. Is it safe to smoke cigarette once a week?

Question
Is a cigarette a week harmful to someone who has family history of angina.

Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 19 minutes later
hi and thanks for your query,
the first thing is that cigarette smoking is one of the major modifiable cardiovascular risk factors. Its not only the quantity of cigarette smoked that counts, but also the duration.
Sticking to one and only one cigarette a week shall have minimal risks, for sure. But the issue here is the addictive power of cigarrette and smoking. This might lead you to increase the amount taken as time goes on, or can cause you to smoke for a long time. This i turn still cumulatively increasing your risk for cardiovascular disease.
Stopping and forgetting about smoking is my advice, that shall be the best thing to do.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Family history of angina. Is it safe to smoke cigarette once a week? 20 minutes later
But I can assure that I will stick to one cigarette a week. Rather can bring it down to One every 10 days.then is it acceptable. I am 100% sure that I can stick to this regimen for all the time to come.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
if it can really work that way, it shall be fine. But it shall be great if you can stop completely.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Family history of angina. Is it safe to smoke cigarette once a week? 12 minutes later
I understand. I will stop.
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 minutes later
Thanks for your message,
I am glad.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.