Failed drug screen, don't use marijuana. Drink lot of vitamin supplement and have B2. Cause?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I recently failed a drug screen for work,(thc).The problem I have is I dont use marijuana! I do drink a lot of vitamin suppliments that have a lot of b2,is any possable way that could affect a urine test?No clue what happened
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
It depends what kind of test was used but there could always be false positive test as part of methodology and human error.
Some other drugs(more than 50) such as B2 vitamine, pantoprasole, advil or ibuprofen may also cause false positive results as well as certain diseases: kidney disease, diabetes, liver disease. For these drugs that you are taking I dont think that some can cause false positive results but it is not excluded.
So you should inform them that you are sure that you didnt take marijuana or similar drugs and then some more specific tests can be performed. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: Failed drug screen, don't use marijuana. Drink lot of vitamin supplement and have B2. Cause? 2 hours later
I want to thank you for the response,and am going to send u my monday morning regiment that i consumed about 2-3hrs prior to my test,just for curiosity reasons wondering if this would cause a posative result. 1-40mg shot Humaria,100mg of B2(riblafvin),2-vicodenES,10-2.5mg of methrotrexate,folic acid,2lg red bulls.I know that sounds crazy but thats the only day of the week im on that.I was told i have to do that shot every week from now on.THank you again.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 21 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
100mg of B2(riblafvin) could have caused positive THC test definitely. metotrexate and folic acid may also be reason but it is not scientifically confirmed yet.
Humaria,red bull and vicodine cant cause false positive results.
Even if vit.b is taken 2-3 days before test,it could cause false results.
So repeat the test and dont take vitamin B at least 4-5 days before it.