Facing rectal problems and discomfort in anus after unprotected anal sex. Worried for STI?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, I had unprotected anal sex with a guy 10 days ago, and about 4 days ago I started having some rectal problems, such as discomfort in the anus, a constant need to have a movement (even if I don't have one), a white-clear gooey discharge, and, once, a bit of blood with the gooey discharge. Also some gas. Is this an STI or just some irritation or something? Thanks
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later
Hi
As you had anal sex,the anal layer got traumatised due to friction.
So,there is discomfort.
The sensitive layer of anal canal might have got ulcers which is the cause of blood.
The white clear discharge is the mucus which is seen normally in stools of some individuals.
It is not an STI.
It is just an irritation caused by trauma after anal sex.
Please use 2% Xylocaine jelly in the anal canal.
Take stool softeners like lactulose solution so that there will be no trauma to the anal canal.
Nothing to worry.
It will come down.
Wish you good health