Facing joint knee problem. Consulted doctors. Cure and precaution to be taken?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi my mother is facing joint knee problem since 7-8 months would request you to help in this regards. and we have consulted many doctors about the same but there is no result except wastage of money
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 6 hours later

You haven't specified the problem. But I assume your mother is suffering with knee arthritis, can't assume the severity though. You seem to have consulted many doctors and are hoping to find a cure which might not lie in medications. I hope she has been advised physiotherapy and lifestyle modifications. If she has not, I advise you to take her to your physiotherapist and begin knee strengthening exercises. Lifestyle modifications like avoiding staircase, avoiding Indian styled lavatories, avoiding cross legged sitting/squatting, avoiding obesity and maintaining a healthy diet XXXXXXX in minerals will benefit her a lot.

If she has already exhausted all conservative treatments including medicines, she would be ideal candidate for surgery. Knee replacement stands a gold standard in modern times. You have to understand that as age advances, human body deteriorates. You can not expect medications alone to convert a worn out joint into healthy youth.

Kindly furbish more details and I hope this answer was informative. For any further questions I'm available for follow up.